Colonial Nursing home offers RN Coverage 7 days a week with 24 hour Nursing Care and Certified Nursing Assistants. Colonial’s staff is experienced with Wound Care and IV Therapy. With pharmacy and laboratory services available, we provide our residents comfort and convenience. We also have:
- Hospice Services
- Rehab Services
- Secure Unit
- Long or Short Term Respite Stays
- Gait/Balance Training
My every need is taken care of at Colonial. The staff interact with me one-on-one and I feel like a member of a community here. – Jeff
At Colonial, we strive to keep our residents engaged, entertained and active. Our goal is to see their comfort and well-being maintained throughout this next journey in their lives. We love taking our residents off site as well! Our other activities include but are not limited to:
- Bingo, Arts, & Crafts
- Dances & Live Music
- Ice Cream outings & Banana split socials
- Movie Trips, Pet show
- Casino, Country Rides & Fishing Trips
- Religious Services
- Birthday and Holiday Parties
- Barbershop/Beauty Shop
Our secured facility is designed to offer your loved one the proper care and comfort required for the best living possible by our professional caretakers. Our team is here to take care of them and work with them every single day diligently.
Your loved one’s comfort and well being is our utmost priority.
- The only nursing home with Dementia Care in Marksville
- We offer dedicated, long term Dementia care employees
- Our Facilities are safe, secure and provide a caring environment for your loved ones
The Care of Professionals. The Comforts of Home.
The road to recovery can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be traveled alone. It’s at times like these that you need a caring hand more than ever, and a place that gives you peace of mind.
With Therapy Center rehabilitation services, you have the assurance of knowing that you or your loved one is receiving the best possible care.
- Fall prevention education
- Muscle strengthening through therapeutic exercise
- Gait and balancing training
- Transfer training
- Heat and cold therapy for pain/edema management
- Patient family education training
A Speech Therapy treatment may include:
- Cognition training
- Expressive receptive language
- Swallowing disorders (dysphagia)
- Voice therapy
- Aural Rehabilitation
- Augmentative Communication
- Activities of daily living re-training
- Joint protection education
- Energy conservation education
- Community re-entry training
- Pain and edema management education
- Upper extremity therapeutic exercise instruction
- Must have Medicare Part A Benefits
- Must have a qualifying hospital stay (minimum of 3 nights)
- Must be admitted into a skilled facility within 30 days of a hospital discharge with a diagnosis requires skilled nursing services and/or skilled rehab services
- Skilled services must be ordered by a physician
If a patient does not meet the Medicare Part A criteria, then it is possible that Medicare Part B or private insurance would cover rehabilitation services in a skilled nursing facility. Contact Therapy Center to discuss your individual benefit requirements.
Note: Within a benefit period or spell of illness. A “benefit period” begins the day a patient enters a hospital or skilled nursing facility (SNF). The benefit period ends when a patient hasn’t received any hospital care or skilled care in a SNF for 60 days in a row. If a patent enters a hospital or a SNF after one benefit period has ended, a new benefit period beings. The inpatient hospital deductible must be paid for each benefit period. There is no limit to the number of benefit periods. (www.medicare.gov)